Advising on mergers and acquisitions of renewable energy projects
Canopy advises project owners and investors for the purchase and sale of large energy infrastructure projects.
Canopy supports its customers throughout the completion of the transaction. This includes all legal, administrative and technical audits, as well as operational and contractual performance of the operation.
Canopy will use its large network of suppliers and banks to help its clients getting the best technical and financial solutions.
Sell-side M&A advisory:
- Construction of a financial model and financial analysis
- Preparation of the auction documentation (teasers, information memorandum, due diligence reports...)
- Management of potential buyers (selection, Q&A, negotiations...)
- Analysis of purchase offers and advisory on transaction structure
- Supervision of drafting and signature of the Share Purchase Agreement(s)
Buy-Side M&A advisory:
- Identification of potential opportunities
- Advisory on relationship with the seller
- Technical, contractual and administrative audit of the project(s)
- Financial analysis and construction of a financial model
- Capex and supplying optimization
- Negotiation of the acquisition terms and writing of an offer
- Secondary investor research if necessary
On both sell-side and buy-side, Canopy helps its clients raising debt:
- Advisory on debt structure
- Identification of pertinent banks
- Management of relationship with the bank
- Negotiation of the debt terms